Who are Nepean Dragons FC?
Over a number of years, it became apparent to the Management Committee and staff of Nepean Football Association that there was a lack of sporting opportunities for children with special needs and disabilities. These children either didn’t feel comfortable in a regular team, or their special needs prevented them from being able to join in.
In 2007 following a grant from the NSW Department of Sport & Recreation, Nepean Football Association (formerly know as Nepean District Soccer Football Association) started the Nepean Soccer Dragons Special Needs Soccer Program for kids looking for an avenue to learn and play soccer outside of the regular club structure. We provide friendly, no pressure soccer skill session in an accepting and understanding environment every Saturday morning during the normal soccer season.
- To provide children & teens with special needs and disabilities with an opportunity to participate in sport in an environment that is both accepting of their limitations, and challenging to their abilities.
- To provide them with skills to keep fit, within an environment where they can feel comfortable and accepted.
- To encourage and educate fair play, sportsmanship, physical fitness and above all “FUN”.
- To foster acceptance of children with special needs and disabilities within the community.
- To educate Coaches & other players in the needs of players with special needs and disabilities.
- To provide a social outlet for the families of players with special needs and disabilities.